I’m just back from New York for ThrillerFest and will start my reports with a list of highlights.
- Amazing panels with many publishing professionals who are at the heart of the business. For the first time, I understand the Agency Model being set in motion. More later if you wish.
- I almost never visit hotel bars where deals are made, but this time I did – for a gathering of geeks that proved most interesting and productive. More later if you wish.
- A side trip to the Museum of Art & Design at Columbus Circle. I’ll try to give you a glimpse at a wonderful exhibit of miniatures. A lot of them were of dystopia, which fits right in with my philosophy of life! Here are some samples.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which I opened and closed one day. And as a member, got to bypass the line for Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty.
- Sitting next to Steve Martini at the signing table (I’m beginning to like “Madison” as a last name) and finding out he’s as nice as Paul Madriani.
- Staying at the crossroads of a million private lives.
New York never disappoints.